Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hi, my name is.....(Chicka Chicka) Slim Shady


Hi kids, do you like violence? 

He is controversial and certainly not afraid to speak his mind. He is also one of my greatest inspirations and one of the most profound writers of all-time. Some of the greatest lessons on success and picking yourself up when you fall, come from the lyrical genius, Eminem….or as he calls himself….Chicka Chicka Slim Shady. Here are a few of my favorites:
I will not fall,
I will stand tall,
Feels like no one can beat me.

Eminem recognizes that power of confidence. The power of self-belief and recognizing the success that lies deep within you. Even if things are not going your way, stand tall and do not give any energy to the potential competitors.
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

You must have an opportunistic mindset. You must look for opportunities and be ready to take action when they present themselves. Often times, opportunities are disguised as catastrophic failures and setbacks.
I’ve been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhyming and stepped right into the next cypher
Best believe somebody’s paying the pied piper

Everyone fails. Everyone gets beat once in a while. You can give up or you can stay focused on the things that are in your control. Keep paying "the pied-piper" and stay productive. Work your way out of a slump. Keep facing your challenges head on.
You can do anything you set your mind to, man

Simply put, recognize the power of your mind. Recognize the power of transmuting your dreams into reality. They are dreams for a reason. They have deeply rooted reasoning and emotional connections that are imbedded internally.
I’m a man, I’ma make a new plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time for me to just take matters into my own hands
Once I’m over these tracks man I’ma never look back

When things do not work out the way you expected do no sit and sulk. Get back to work. Make new plans and keep moving forward with total relentlessness.

I got every ingredient, all I need is the courage
Like I already got the beat, all I need is the words

This is the best lesson of all. Wherever you are at, you have everything you need to be all that you want. There is no need to wait for better circumstances. They will never come. The time is now. Courageously face the world and fearlessly go after your dreams.  




No comments:

Post a Comment